Thursday, July 1, 2010

Seize the Day... Tomorrow

The best part about procrastination is that you are never bored, because you always have number of tasks that you should be working on.

Tonight instead of finishing the last 500 words worth of editing and revising on my current project I have decided to compile several lists of my 'Top 10's'. No... I'm not kidding, I love lists. Usually I make them on pretty paper with sparkly multi-colored pens, but unfortunately y'all will just have to settle for this boring ole type. :p

Drum roll, please... *makes cheesy noise and taps index fingers on Walter*

Abielle's Top 10 Books You Must Read Before You Die or Go Blind

10. Grimm's Fairytales by the Brothers Grimm

9. The Shining by Stephen King

8. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

7. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

6. The Inferno by Dante Alighieri

5. Wurthering Heights by Emily Bronte

4. The Collective Works of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (yes, I count that as one book!)

3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

2. Night by Elie Wiesel

...AND THE NUMBER ONE BOOK YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU DIE OR GO BLIND IS:




1. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi


Thanks for reading my random procrastination blog post! Off to be productive... or play with something shiny...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Twilight isn't anywhere on that list. Although my list would be a little different, I agree with you on many of those books, especially Night and Wuthering Heights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, Twilight is a fad. The piece itself is written so poorly I can't possibly understand why anyone would put it on a 'top' list unless it had something to do with fangirls and money grubbing authors who sell out.

    Night is so compellling. Out of curiosity, what would be on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...maybe visit my blog in a few days. I'll have a good list by then. ;)

    ReplyDelete