Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Losing My Virginity (blog style)

Hey there *waives awkwardly* So, as you can see this is the first post on my shiny, new Stained Glass in the Night blog. I welcome you all and hope you are able to find something worth reading in the future here as I will be posting reviews of the books I've read, original writings/musings and maybe the occasional rant. All commentage and suggestions are much appreciated, so don't feel shy! I don't bite...hard. ;)

The poem below is one I wrote last week and is rather short and simple, but hey, that's my style. It is one of my favorite creations thus far so I hope you enjoy.


If my heart were a painting on display for all to see,
I’d paint myself with shades of water flowing ever free.

Tender strokes and swirls I’d use to illustrate the tide,
Blue and green and turquoise for the waves I’d never hide.

On that canvas I’d pour my heart and never be ashamed,
to show my soul for what it is in gold forever framed.

Raise me up and steady me on the wall with gentle hands,
View my soul’s true nature and please try to understand.

This portrait’s of a woman grown who’s not afraid to show,
The beauty of the ocean deep for all the world to know.


xoxo
Abielle

2 comments: